Originally Posted by oldjonny
Originally Posted by Butterscotch71

LOL...I used to be in the same boat. Truthfully, once I bought a Toyleta, I will never go back to the other brands for daily drivers. 280K and still not a squeak or a rattle. None, zippo. I get that they are not all perfect, but when I see my buddies dealing with their GM garbage with virtually no miles (in comparison) I just laugh.

I've had a couple toyotas through the years, and while dependable, they rusted much faster than anything else and were the most boring vehicles I've ever owned.

LOL. If by 'boring' you mean that you do not get to personally know the service department manager and the entire staff at the dealership, then yes, boring. I finally went to the dealer at about 250K miles and asked the service manager if there was anything that I really needed to do on the car to keep it going. He laughed and said keep driving it and no. I will take 'boring' all day long for my DD

I had a similar situation recently. My Mom has a 2015 Corolla that she bought new. Car just turned, 40K. When I last took it to the dealer for a recall fix and oil change (at 38K), I asked if there was anything else we needed to do to the car, and he said "yeah, drive it more!". laugh2

Someone mentioned the electronics are gonna be the downfall of vehicles as they age. I'm running into this with my '93 Dakota. I understand parts can't be kept around forever, but, what is someone supposed to do 20-30 or more years down the road?

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥