My best friend owns a few new car dealerships in El Paso, TX and I wanted to buy my wife a clean, low mile AWD SUV from him a few years ago. So I asked him to keep an eye out for something................it was quite a while before he found something and I wondered why. He told me that most dealerships below a certain U.S. latitude do not get AWD or 4x4 vehicles shipped or sent to them and have to be ordered if a customer wants one. Around here (Northern Ohio) the local dealers are loaded with AWD, FWD, 4x4 etc., vehicles being above the U.S. latitude of mud, snow and elevation. I can see in places that are below the "4X4/AWD latitude" there is plenty of need for this type of 4X4 drive line and I wouldn't want to own a rear wheel drive pickup working construction, farm or any place that I needed to get to that wasn't paved......even a long sand driveway or beach area. A little rant about pickup trucks no matter what the drive line is that it seems to me about 50% or more of the owners NEVER use the bed of their pickup and only seemed to have bought one because well, because of the image a pickup has or an image the owner needs. Not saying all but it's pretty rare to see a pickup that has mud on the tires and wheels or looks like it is used like a pickup and not a front wheel drive minivan laugh2