RWD vs 4 WD depends on the month of the year.

We used to live on a narrow gravel road out in the sticks. We were lucky to see a snow plow down our road within 3 days of a snow storm or after a day when the snow was drifting. A 4x4 was pretty much mandatory if you wanted to go anyplace before the snow plow showed up. My kids rode a school bus, it pretty well followed the snow plow down our road after a snow storm. If the roads were clear, and they were not calling for snow or drifting snow, the 4x4 stayed in the driveway. We had a beat up Ramcharger as a 4x4. Once winter was over, the 4x4 was pretty well parked until the next winter. All that said, 20 years ago we moved into town, and the need for a 4x4 was pretty well gone, but up until 3 years ago, I still had a 4x4 truck here.

We are retired now, we really don't have a need for a 4x4, if the weather is that bad, we stay home. The crazy thing is, I'm building a new to me hot rod pickup, and its a 4x4! I don't need it, and I have no intention of going off road, but the project just sort of fell into my lap so I had to go for it. Gene