Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
After reading this, I am seriously considering a built in automatic backup generator. With a very large fuel storage tank, enough for a few weeks at least. Diesel or propane.

Our neighbors down the street have one, runs on propane but everything in that house runs on electricity. The power goes out frequently around here and could be as long as two weeks sometimes. We are at the end of a line with only three houses here so not a big priority. I have two 3500 running watt gasoline generators that I can swap out to keep the power going but buying gasoline for them can be expensive and difficult at times. I have looked into the backup generators and may get one but we don't use a lot of electricity most of the appliances in this house are natural gas except the washer, freezer and refrigerators. our heat is also NG. You can get those backup generators to run on NG as well and since there is a NG well on our property I'm not too worried about not being able to get that. Occasionally it does freeze but I've been able to get it flowing again.
Luckily we have not lost power here but it has happened south and west of us. We didn't get the ice storms here, just snow. I have over 50 gallons of gas in storage that should last two or more weeks. Good luck to you guys without power or heat. Why hasn't the administration declared a disaster and sent FEMA and the NG out to help you guys? work

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.