I can offer this up to add to the fray. In 1990 I drove my 1967 GTX from CT to Englishtown and ran it. Typical early June weekend, about 80-85 degrees, not bad humidity. It ran almost exactly what some magazines from 1966-67 said it would: 15.29 @ 95.8 mph. No spin off the line. Here’s the drivetrain lowdown:

Original 67 440 c code hp, all original carb(625 abs), single point, stock intake,dual snorkel air cleaner(used on the run), heads(stock steel shim head gaskets), stock manifolds, year one repro exhaust with sonic turbo mufflers(non stock) out through the stock tips, AT, stk converter, stk driveshaft, 3.23 SG, 225/70/15 Goodyear eagle GT’s all around on stock steel rims. Ps,pb, etc all stock engine accessories.
My dad and I took the engine apart and simply honed, cleaned and re-ringed the stock pistons. New bearings. The crank, rods, pistons, cam, lifters, pushrods (the ones that tapered near the lifters, remember those?), rocker arms, etc were all reused, all factory components.

For whatever it’s worth. Thanks for the wonderful memory. And my old notes on a withered paper!