One of the first motors I built and dyno tune on a engine dyno was a 1962 413 M.W. motor for one of Boyd Coddington cars he had sold to one of his customers.
It was a original 1962 Dodge dart M.W. car that had a really bad worn out made up cross ram motor with a standard 413 C body short block that was already .060 over size with a lot of taper and really thin cylinder walls after sonic testing it whiney
I found a 413 truck block and had it bore to 4.250 and had Ross make a set of low compression pistons so I ended up with 9.5 to 1 compression ratio. I had the original M.W. heads worked on replacing all the seats, guides and valves, the seat were really sunk down I had Comp Cams make me a custom grind solid flat tappet cam and freshen the carbs and put the factory jetting in the carbs.
That motor ended up making 499 HP after a lot of testing and experimenting with valve lash, ignition timing and spark plug gap and heat range. I was really happy with those results boogie
We made 32 pulls before changing the oil to Mobil 1 synthetic and lost 30 HP due to the intake gaskets weeping through them oil into the combustion chambers a little with the Valvoline straight 30 Wt. oil. I made one pull with the Mobil 1 and oiled all eight spark plugs shock
I fixed it by doubling up the intake gaskets and wasn't able to put it back on the dyno to find out how much difference that made whiney

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 01/01/21 02:36 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)