Originally Posted by pishta
You all know the factory studs are swedged in and taking them out the back is gonna jack the factory knurl up as the swedge is a fatter area of the stud that keeps it from pulling out. You need to cut the heads off the back and drive whats left out through the back, or use a swedge cutter and reduce the swedge to less than the knurl diameter. Remember that there are 7/16 studs for the 5 on 4 8 3/4 too so putting a 1/2-20 stud as the replacement part number for this title is misleading unless you state that its for the LBP axles.

The only swedge studs I've seen or dealt with where on the early cars with left hand studs on the driver side of the cars on the front and rear brake drums on the tapered axles. Mopar stopped using the tapered axles in 1965 and stop using the left hand studs in 1971 or 1972 ,I think :confused
OP, I have had small bolt pattern 8 3/4 axles drilled and tap for screw in 1/2 inch long wheel studs, Mr. Gasket and Moroso use to make and sell them scope
There is not enough meat on those axles to drill and push in a regular 1/2 inch stock Mopar wheel stud so the smaller 1/2 diameter screw in stud is the only choice on converting the early A body 8 3/4 stock axles to 4 1/2 inch pattern shruggy I ran them in a BB Duster for a lot of years before breaking a lot of the 8 3/4 parts inside and bending the crap out of the stock unbraced housing realcrazy whiney

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)