Originally Posted by RustyM
Welcome about Mike!
Good to see you posting.
We have been running one of Mikes Twin Blades for a couple years now- haven't found the end of it yet , every mod we have made to engine, we still had plenty of carb and tuning has been easy and accurate .
I take data so i can look at the curve each run.
Yes to offset jetting on BB strokers , we are 3 jet sizes ( Max Jets - not holley) different between banks .

Yes to responsive, boosters come in quicker than other carbs, have to watch for being rich on leaving ( footbrake car) and boosters come in fast enough its easy to have to long a pump shot.
Rpm recovery is really good as well, afr's don't get mushy on the rpm drop, graphs are clean .
For class racing where carb limited to 4150 style - its a great way to get cfm if needed .
We had Wilson work the intake, and, with one of Mikes mainbody's to reference with, they build the spacer for the combo and flowed everything together - really worked out well.

A big thanks to Dom of ThumperCarbs setting us up initially , throwing a tune in and providing his usual package of jets and bleeds, as well as PhoneTech time helping us get dialed in initially in some nasty D/A.

Imho: Quality product, no issues , easy to tune with differing fuels , no negatives - one just has to learn the Carb I guess as it does come up on boosters- Quick!

Blessings all

Hey Rusty,

Thanks for the welcome, this is a good forum! Appreciate your thoughts on the twin blade too, it sounds like you've got it well figured out.

fwiw: The boosters react quick and strong due to the favorable venturi to throttle bore area ratio - and the lack of a low pressure area between the bores of a 4-bbl. [Booster technology has improved a lot in the past couple of years as well.] You can tune around the active boosters with emulsion circuit and/or booster design, however most like the responsiveness, calling it similar to fuel injection. The combination also allows one to to use a 'bigger' carb (more cfm) than normal because the boosters will remain active due to the favorable shape and ratio. The larger carb produces more mid to upper rpm performance because of this. Like most things in racing; it still comes down to physics...