Originally Posted by B3422W5
Originally Posted by 5thAve
The problem with Subaru's is they are like just about every other import they're expensive when they break. They're like a cult car- some owners love them and think they're the best cars in the world. Others don't think they're anything special and move on. To me it doesn't matter how good or bad they are or where they are built, I've always hated the way they look. They were ugly in the 80s and they aren't any better now.

I pay service bills every week. They arent anymore expensive to fix than anything else. What you said is completely untrue.
For one thing, Subaru’s are all AWD, and they get driven in bad weather and off road a lot. When you take that into consideration, along with the very high resale value, the cost of ownership shines.
Again, high resale values mean good, reliable car.
Regards looks, hey, its subjective. I kinda agree... lol
None of them look like my 69 GTS.

I guess I'm more used to driving stuff that's cheap to repair because I know several Subaru die hards and when I hear what repairs cost them I can almost feel my wallet pucker up.
When I need a bad weather or off road vehicle I go straight for our Yukon keys. If I had to buy a car and knew that I would really be pushing the limits on what I was putting it thru then a subaru would be my choice over something else because they've been at it for so long I would expect it to hold up better.