Originally Posted by MarkZ
I guess I'm saying stake your concern, but do so in a non-confrontational way. This could have a huge impact on how relations go from here on out. Only escalate legally with code enforcement if you absolutely have to. Your concerns to a reasonable, empathetic human being are valid.

Mark, I agree with you 100%. Looking back, I should have toned down my original post. This issue deals with individual rights and personal freedom. So it became political. In a nutshell, this is my philosphy on the matter: Yes, a family should be able to enjoy their backyard as they wish. On the flip side, I don't own the air in my yard or my neighbors yard. Nor do I own the air in my neighborhood. So I have no right to control it or alter it or pollute it. We all have to share the same air. I believe that everyone is entitled to clean fresh air.

I have only had a couple of conversations with the couple next door. Both were very cordial and friendly. They moved in about six months ago. I am not going to go knock on the door and complain. I am going to try to catch up with them when they are outside and have nice conversation with them. If the moment feels right, I will bring up the smoke from their fire pit. If not I will wait for another time to discuss it.

I wish people would switch to natural gas for their fire pits. It would be so much more healthy for all.

David

Last edited by David1971; 10/02/20 01:51 AM.