I have a Mule 4010 that I got in 2015. It is pretty bulletproof and I am on it nearly every day. One caveat. Just before my warranty expired it had a major engine issue- They had a problem with the machine on the block in which the gasket didn't hold, and I have fuel filling my crankcase. It was honored with no issue. Just make sure that issue has been resolved with newer models.

I use my Mule for hauling firewood and I am fairly rough will banking rounds into it. No breaks in welds. Power is there, but if I load the bed full of wood and am pulling my Bannon trailer full also, I sometimes have to jettison some the load to climb some steeper hills around my farm. The smaller Mule had tiny wheels on them, which made me wonder if it didnt have the power to do much. They later put the larger wheels on them. A fellow I know has the smaller one for survey work in some pretty steep terrain, and it does well. Plus it is narrower for moving through the woods. the 4010 is pretty fat for woods use when there isn't a trail.

I don't know a person who owns a Cadet. They aren't common here.

For work, I have a big Polaris and last year bought a John Deere, used for emergencies and patrollling our parks trail system. The seem pretty bulletproof as well.

Those models sold at farm supply stores are pretty pricey when you compare them to the major manufacturers. I just don't think the potential pitfalls of having one to save a couple thousand bucks. I found the same with the tractors- priced pretty close to MF and Deere. No reason to buy one.

'70 Challenger R/T 383
'16 Hemi Durango SSV (work vehicle)
'15 Ram Police SSV