Quote:

Quote:

Well that's what I did myself (sent them out) and also reccomended to him already. He prefers to do things himself and learn in the process (mistakes being accepted as paying his dues). Frankly I don't see it as a big deal as long as he accepts all possibilities going in, afterall, even the best porters out there had to do thier "first" set.

You know, I have to say that I am absolutely fascinated by cylinder heads. Port shape, port speed, mach index, CSA, the fluid dynamics part of it, etc...all really interests me. But what I figured out pretty quick is that even though I'm very interested in it, I don't have the time or practice to be good at it.

What's the chances that the first set of W9's I port will be nearly as good as someone like RyanJ who has probably ported 50 sets of them?

Too expensive and HP dependent of a part for me to "learn on". I'll do machine work, trans builds, rear gear setups, etc... but when it comes to heads, you couldn't spend your money any better then to send it to someone who really knows what they are doing.

My ...

Nice work Brian. By the way I find it funny that the guy who finally came up with a good 59 degree roller lifter still has a flat tappet cam

Yeah...LOL! I get that sometimes.
I had just freshened my engine when we were starting the design phase of those lifters. Plus to change to a roller, I would have had to go with different rockers and I just didn't want to throw more $$$ at my current engine because of the new engine sitting around the shop in pieces.

My engine is for sale by the way...made 560HP, econo W2's etc....
The new 360 should be on the dyno maybe mid May...
unless I win some $$$ the 25th at Fontana...but I won't be holding my breath! LOL!!