Originally Posted by randavis
I ordered a 13 Ram crew cab with the 3.6 / 8-speed. I love it. I drove it 42 miles one way to work until I retired. It now has 100,000 miles on it.
It has been mostly trouble free. A damn squirrel chewed some wires one time. That cost me $600 to get repaired. It still starts and drives like new.
It runs like a V-8. On freeway entrance ramps, I can hit 75 to 80 mph at the blend area. Shifts at about 6500 rpm. Pulls hard all the way.
It rides better than many cars and handles pretty good, too.

Now as far as the 3.6L Pentastar motor, I'm on my 3rd Chrysler 300 with this engine & I think it is a FABULOUS motor. However, I just met with a customer of mine last week & he has a 2018 Ram with the 3.6 engine, & the power is good enough he said, but he thinks the fuel mileage suffers because of the big Ram / little motor / get it moving syndrome. I recently read an article about the Pentastar 3.6L motor, & basically it is now considered a world-class motor. There are fleets with them that have routinely logged over 600,000 on them, & Chrysler has torn down numerous motors, & the internals show virtually no wear - even the cross-hatch pattern is still present on the cylinder walls. That is amazing. Not to mention they are rated at 290 HP. I'm looking at getting my wife a Durango & it will be a 3.6L.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified