It's been awhile since I updated this thread the Hefty has been together for a little over two years and I am having a ball with it - I don't race much just a few events a year - but that was my intent. Since putting the HEMI in the 64 - I have been changing a few things to make the car leave a little better - so first change was a new transmission from Cope Racing Transmission - CRT with his lowband apply valve body and a low gear planetary - I changed the rear gear to a 4:10 from a 4:56 and put in a different converter with a little more stall - that netted solid 9.80's @138 mph. Since the car was still really heavy at 3970 at the line - Over the winter I put fiberglass bumpers and hood on it - that saved about 125 lbs of weight. First time out that netted a 9.65 @142.5 mph - sixty foots are around 1.40 - 1,42 so there is still more there in ET. The BEST Machine HEMI has been flawless - check the valves and change the oil is all I have done. I have another converter to try with a little more stall - but the 9" slicks are probably the next big change, hopefully going to a 10.5 radial should help help with consistency when the track is marginal.

IMG_2721.JPG