Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
If you do a search for “hydraulic roller lifter noise”, or problems you will find there is no shortage of people experiencing less than optimal results.
No lifter brand seems exempt from this....... and certainly not Morel.

That’s a good catch.
If Hughes won’t take care of it, maybe sending the pics to Morel might get you somewhere.

So do you have a contact email or something for Morel, because they say they won't deal with the general public or individual engine builders, they want you to go through one of their dealers.
This really should be the 3rd strike, poorly machined lifter, replacements not any better and no way to contact them. Not exactly what I'd call great customer service or product.

From the post preceding this one, it sounds like Hughes is going to take care of it for you, so you should be all set.

Looking at how that one lifter of yours was improperly machined, my gut feeling is that it’s unlikely that situation was limited to one unit.

The other thing that’s been highlighted by the fact that you got that lifter in the first place is....... they obviously aren’t checking the bleed rate of those lifters as part of any final QC check.
Since no oil can get into it with that manufacturing defect........ it would(should) fail any bleed rate test(unless zero seconds is within spec).

I’m not a big hyd cam fan in general, which by extension means I’m not really a big hyd roller fan either.
On the occasions where Im not able to talk a customer out of one, or the rare situation where it really makes the most sense for the application........ I’ll have to try and source the lifters from another manufacturer besides Morel.

One other thing learned is...... don’t install them without first giving them the air blow thru test.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads