Originally Posted by NITROUSN
Only reason I say this is if the stated value is 50K and the repair estimate is 30K will they want to have it fixed?

I don't know about collector car adjusters but with daily drivers it's cost to fix vs current value plus can the average shop lay hands on the parts required. I kinda doubt the average adjuster is gonna whip out an AMD catalog and say it's fixable. Ok, ya'll need a couple more catalogs but even less reason to believe they'd go through the effort. One look at the drivers side and it'll be straight to where should I send the check. see also: whatever collector car insurance company wrote the policy probably doesn't have an employee near by and will just sub out the leg work of a personal inspection.

As for what's supposed to legally happen according to the letter of the policy vs some of the anecdotal experiences shared here, I think the truth lies some where in between. We paid you for your loss, we now own as it was when it got smacked is the basic black and white reality. On the flip side, every thing in life is negotiable and you don't have anything to loose by trying to make a deal.