I think many people who drive like they have never been in a accident are waiting for theirs to happen, which it probably will. I hope they survive it and don't hurt any one else with their lack of skills and not paying attention with their bad driving luck
I've ben involved in more than one single vehicle accidents due to weather and driving beyond my skills to avoid losing control one black ice since moving to central OR. Shame on me blush
I spent 35+ yrs driving in SO CA and the Los Angles basin on surface streets and the massive freeway system, those years help me gain skills and common sense, you have to be watching on at a 360 degree area full time to get home safely, especially on Friday nights and Monday mornings up
I work for several different telephone companies in SO CA and had to drive to work and at work a lot, I probably have over a million + miles driving up to now, right at 60 yrs driving plus drag racing at the track and elsewhere. I
I learned to fly in 1989 and bought my first airplane in 1990, I've got a little over 11000 hrs. as pilot in command now, no idea on total flying miles on the ground but flying at 180+ MPH does shorten most trips flying by a bunch boogie
16+ hours driving from Hesperia, CA to Bend, OR. with multiple pit stops for my wife. Same trip takes 5.5 hrs. flying including one pit stop for my wife after 2.5 hrs. flying boogie
One trip from Tacoma, WA took us 5 hours non stop to Hesperia, CA with a good tailwind and a small porta john for momma whistling

I do drive a lot more defensive now, pass as needed and get back into the right lane on multi lane highways, watch as far as I can see in front of me and watch all three rear view mirrors to the sides and rear also.
Here in Oregon almost all the state roads and most county roads have a white fog line on the right edge of the pavement about 2 to 3Ft. from the dirt, I hug that line by using the right side mirror to see that line in the mirror beside the car thumbs scope
I had a Female OR state trooper stop me one night around 10:30 PM after a older couple pull out in front of me off the side of the road without using their rear view mirrors, I couldn't stop quick enough to avoid rear ending them so I had to, decided to, pass on the left with a oncoming car about 1000 ft. in front of them in the opposite lane going around 55 MPH towards us, I was going near 65 MPH when they pull out with less than a 100 yards between us shock That couple called 911 to report a dangerous driver, me runaway
The state trooper commented on me hugging the fog line for the last 5 miles that she had been following me in a 4 lane divided highway, I told her that those extra 2 or 3 feet gave me a extra nano second or two for better reaction times for avoiding oncoming cars coming over into oncoming traffic thumbs
She liked that thinking and had another state trooper pull the older couple over to check for drinking and driving that night devil grin
Drive and keep safe in all things thumbs

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 05/17/20 10:54 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)