Originally Posted by fbs63
I know Best Machine has used the Indy 440-3x with adapters on B1 engines. I did an FBS single dominator manifold once. Its basically a B1 manifold with the flange end altered to fit FBS heads. Cut the floor out and raised it in the plenum area and reduced the runner taper a bit. Had 121% VE on the dyno. I'm not familiar with the cubic inch of your engine. Alot depends on that and the rpm you run it to. Being a nitrous motor I don't know that the manifold is a problem.

my reason is , my engine stops making power at 7300 on the dyno. the engine is 530" .So far when racing it, i shift at 7400 and have crossed at 7900 and recently with a converter change 7700. Im thinking im leaving power on the table here. Then again it was only dyno NA, not with nitrous. I know what Chuck has done with those intakes and that is mostly on NA motors. I have never asked Chuck what he has done on nitrous engines. WHen i asked why the power stopped at 7300, i was told Intake and Headers, they both too long. My headers are a copy of the proparts and are stepped 2 1/8 2 1/4 with a 4" collector. The problem is some of the tubes are almost 36-38" long. THey should be 25" long.
I also do have to comply to a "cast intake" rule, racing in Ultra Street.

Last edited by n20mstr; 04/26/20 10:12 AM.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....