Originally Posted by DaveRS23
A little perspective is in order. For certain individuals, this virus is a very real threat. But for healthy folks under about 54 years old with access to medical treatment, the fatality rate appears to be under 1%. In some studies, as low as .6%. Other Coronaviruses such as SARS have had a much higher mortality rate. The real issue is protecting and treating those who are at most risk of severe reactions to this. But for the vast majority of us, it is nothing more than a cold.

The following is not the only source of this information. Other reliable sources report similar rates.

https://www.livescience.com/is-coronavirus-deadly.html

While what you write is true the way I see it the real problem with this virus is how easily it is transmitted with a rate somewhere around 3X what the flu or other Corona viruses were transmitted. And that is the crux of the problem. With the ability to infect probably nearly the entire world population the mortality rate could be something like the human race has never seen before. Just look at how fast this has spread world wide. I know some believe this to be over blown but just think where we might be right now if none of these measures were taken. Think about it.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.