Originally Posted by Jim_Lusk
As I recall one of the starter bolts comes in from the engine side. Long extension is how I got to it. I can tell you that it is easier to get the trans out and back in if you remove the crossmember under the steering rack. That's also a good time to clean it up with some degreaser.

Originally Posted by gtx6970
Same here.
I cant think of any bolt issue . Although its been a while since Ive had one of them apart , like quite a while
But I do seem to remember something about the starter having a bolt on the back side

Out of the 10 or so of these trans I have R&R more than half were missing that starter bolt.

There is also a steel brace that goes from the belhousing to the rear of the block. It has two bolts in both ends and an aluminum adapter that a starter bolt goes into.

This may be "Refer to TurboMopar or MiniMopar" forums. If the weather was good or if I had room in the garage I'd pull the 84 Rampage around and put it up on stands and take a peek at its a525. The 1984's are not much different than the 1994's, few things but basically the same.

Retired, US ARMY 1973-1994
ASE mechanic, Electrical 1994-1997
Retired GTE/VERIZON/FRONTIER 1997-2015

Posting cheap tech help (CRAP) here since Nov 97, 1000's of posts, some may be good.

03 Suzuki Burgman 650(Burger King) Scooter
65 Formula S Cuda
78 Little Red Express Truck
98 Buick Regal (wifes car)