Well plan to check that bucket list thing this year fellas! If the weather holds and this Covid-19 thing is done, it should be a hoot. I will let you guys know if I'll make it. I guarantee it is worth the trip.

Now, where does this happen-
I met my friend Mike Hancock and his crew in 2013 on Thursday evening while attending a fact finding visit for my project. Se met in a grocery store when I asked him an access question. Long story short, on Tuesday after spending some time visiting and helping out a little, he offered me to take his car for my Rookie Run (up to 150mph), which I did. It's an initial licensing run. He then says they have time for one more run, if I wanted to. Silly question...so I ran 160mph for 3 miles and gained my Class C LSR license!!

2014 and 2015 rained out, then Mike called and asked if we were coming out in 2016. I wasn't planning to attend, then Mike says "if you guys come out, I'll get you over 200mph!" I said let me get tickets! Ran193mph to license up to Class B...then a subsequent run with someone else driving broke the engine. At this event, early in the week, transmission had to come out. He says they were going home, as they were all too old to remove the trans on the salt. I said, I can do that, no need to go home! We fixed it, with the help of George Poteet's (Speed Demon) Tig welder (Troy Trepanier), eho welded the ring gear back onto the flywheel, wished us well, and then I went 193mph. What racing event habe YOU been to where this kind of thing happens? Come on out and join the fun! Come for the first weekend and all the car shows, no telling how long we will have the opportunity to run on the salt!

B3 1969 Charger R/T SE, 440/727 with 3:91s running 11.07@120