I have a friend who is into watching salt racing, he has been to Lake Gairdner in Australia, as well as many times to Bonneville. He talked me into going to Bonneville in 2014, the 100th anniversary and while the event was rained out, it was like a huge car show, every parking lot in Wendover was full of every type of vehicle from all over the world, it was great to talk to people and see all the machines. Almost went a second time, and yes it rained out that event as well. One day I will make it to Bonneville when it doesn't rain. One thing I picked up was that running on the salt is very hard on a car, I hope when you did your restoration you sealed every crevice that salt could hide in. Most of the guys I talked too completely disassemble a car after every race to clean and prevent corrosion. I have been drag racing since 1974, and I must say the salt racers have a passion about what they do. And the technology and craftsman ship is really something to see, I would recommend that any gearhead needs to see speed week at least once, it's a bucket list thing for me to get to see an event, that isn't rained out. It was weird to see the great salt lake as a lake, it had about 3 inches of water on it as far as you could see.