Originally Posted by second 70
Don't know about up there but down here the contractors are overwhelmed with the projects the state is doing this year. Lots of people will be employed fixing roads and buildings that haven't been touched in years and new projects too.

They definitely need the infrastructure work. The only decent road I know of in IL is 145 out of Metropolis toward Harrisburg. They've repaved part of it, how far I don't know.

The pot tax won't help, it'll only line someone's pocket for a large part. Didn't they just double the fuel taxes this past summer? From what I understand the taxes on alcohol and tobacco are outrageous too, along with property taxes. I live near a border town that has a station located at the foot of the border bridge that is always full of cars with IL plates buying gas, smokes and beer. I'm sure that there other border towns that are enjoying the business IL's taxes bring them.

A friend of mine and I shoot every Wednesday night at a club there (I won't even touch those laws) and one of the locals we shoot with told us there were something like 350 IL residents moving out of state every day. True or not I don't know, I could see people trying to escape the communism though.