Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Is that fuel filter a Fram or a chinese clone of the Fram? If so does it have a paper element in it? If so change it to a 100 micron or larger element.
The paper fuel filter elements are all 10 micron or smaller which really limits the fuel flow through them when sucking the fuel from the tank to the pump, I learned that lesson the hard way once realcrazy
Install it in front of pump going to the carb or fuel pressure regulator and use a 100 micron or larger filter between the pump and tankup

Thanks Cab & I can't remember the manufacturer but think it was a Summit brand I got about 17 yrs ago for a 69 Charger R/T project I was doing & kept it brand new in the box till 2 mos ago. I'll sure check the filter & maybe just replace it whth a 100 micron filter.
** New Info:
Cab, it is a Summit brand, made in China with paper 10 micron filter, so a new filter and moving the pump will be what we do first. What you said was a little confusing about where the filter should go:
"..Install it in front of pump going to the carb or fuel pressure regulator and use a 100 micron or larger filter between the pump and tankup [/quote]"...
So should the pump be in front of the filter or behind it?
Thanks for the info!

filter.jpg
Last edited by Triggerfish; 01/14/20 07:37 PM. Reason: more info