Originally Posted by poorboy
So I followed the link for the Lancer build and I see the link ended without completion. was it another failed project, or was it ever finished and actually driven?

I did a bit more digging and learned the builder is a guy named Richard, who owns (or is employed by?) a shop called Rides By Design, in Richmond, Illinois. I messaged them and learned the project is temporarily on hold due to being too busy with customer's cars. Here is their Facebook page, plus a few other threads I found:
turbo-mopar.com
turbododge,com

Originally Posted by AndyF
There is no way to keep costs down on a project like that. You'll have $20,000 invested to just get the engine swapped in and the car running. By the time you finish the interior, do all the body work, wire the car, build a new dash that works with the new engine you'll have $50K in the car. If you want a fun car just go buy a new one. If you want to create something unique then do it, but it won't be cheap.

That's too bad; I could never spend that much.

Originally Posted by moparx
i envision a swap like this should include a person buying a totaled "whatever", that has a complete drivetrain, and use all the related components as required.
i believe this would be money well spent.
beer

That's actually a great idea. beer