Hi all,

About 15 or so years ago, I ran across a build thread where someone was building a '73 or '74 Dodge Dart drag car, powered by a Mitsubishi 2.0 liter Turbo four. Unfortunately, I don't remember the forum, and haven't been able to locate it. I've occasionally thought about swapping something like this into my '67 Barracuda. However, I really didn't like the idea of using a non-American engine in my car.

More recently, I got to wondering if it would be possible to use the Chrysler 2.4 liter SRT-4 DOHC Turbo engine instead? Currently, my car has a 225" slant six, with 904 Torqueflite. The main problem I envision would be in trying to adapt/mate the engine to the 904. I know a variation of this engine was used in the Jeep Wrangler, so that might not be a huge issue. But I'm also guessing that running 245 hp thru a 904 is probably not a good idea. So it might be smarter/easier to use a Jeep tranny?

How about rear end? I've done the '72-'75 front disc brake swap, so my car has an 8-1/4". Would that stand up to 245 hp, assuming I didn't abuse it too hard?

Anyway, just tossing the idea around right now. I've done some Googling, but am not turning up anything. Does anyone know if this has been tried or done by anyone? I'd appreciate any thoughts, pro or con. Thanks!

Roger