Hemi-itis, I am not a Max Wedge expert, I was just born when they came out. But my father had one and I have had two Max Wedge cars over the past 35 years. I have tried to learn as much as I can about the cars during the past 35 years.

My personal opinion is there is far more incorrect information about Max Wedges than correct information. Fortunately, I feel I have one of the best sources of knowledge available on Max Wedge cars. I live two hours from Darrell Davis, and when I am in the Orlando area I stop and visit. I talk to him on the phone frequently. I just talked to him today. My car is in his book, he has all of my information in his file, and I gave him a copy of the IBM card I received from Chrysler Historical.

A total of 50 sets of aluminum were made for the 1963 Plymouths. Forty aluminum cars were assembled at the factory, most were built on Saturdays. The other ten sets of aluminum went to steel nose cars that were currently racing. You had to be someone important to get one of the ten sets of aluminum. It was the same for Dodges, 50 total sets, 40 cars assembled at the factory, and 10 sets for cars currently racing. During the past 35 years, I have heard some wild stories from "experts" about the availability and numbers of aluminum, and I think they are just that, stories.

Bill, when I bought the car, I took the hood emblem off. Aluminum cars did not have a hood emblem from the factory. Also, I didn’t want it to come off and hit the windshield at 140. I still have the emblem. I have been searching and looking at pictures of white 63 Plymouths for more than 20 years.I have looked at possibly one thousand pictures in that time and I have never seen a single hood emblem on an aluminum car until I saw the Cox car. A factory aluminum Savoy would have no hood emblem, and it would have a Plymouth emblem on the fender. It would also have a pentastar in the correct location.

A few weeks ago, I showed a friend of mine, Mark Wilson, a picture of the Cox car. The first thing out of his mouth was “The pentastar is in the wrong place.” I also showed Darrell Davis the picture and the first thing he said was “The pentastar is in the wrong place.” And then he preceded to tell me he knew Billy Cox and his son, and he told me a few stories about them. He looked through his database to see if Billy Cox ever sold a white 63 Savoy, and Cox never sold a white 63 Savoy.

How many Oklahoma white 63 Savoys, with blue interior, with an aluminum front end, high compression, an automatic, an emblem on an aluminum hood, no Plymouth emblem on the fender, and the pentastar in the wrong place went to Minnesota? Bill, you say you are not optimistic about finding the car, but I look at the Cox car and feel a strong possibility it is my car.