I was googling “vintage Oklahoma drag racing photos” and found this picture. I just about fell out of my chair when I saw this car. Does anyone recognize this Max Wedge? Where is it now? Is it possible that someone knows the VIN of this car? I realize that I have two chances at finding the VIN of this car, slim and none, but I have to at least ask.

I ask because this car has some VERY unique features that I have seen on only one other Max Wedge. But if it is the car I am thinking about, the owner would have had to move to, or sell the car to someone in Minnesota before 1969.

The car I am thinking about starts when a guy buys a stock eliminator Max Wedge car in Minnesota in 1969. He doesn’t remember the name of the seller, but he was told the car came from Oklahoma. It was sitting outside, covered in leaves. The car was cleaned up, some touch-up paint applied, and then a new set of tires were installed. The car ran on the then current record. The new owner was very surprised that a car sitting outside covered in leaves was so fast. The car went on to set records. Someone had previously installed a very powerful engine. Any help on identifying this Cox Motor Co car would be helpful.

[Linked Image]