I am finnaly getting to a point in my life where I could buy my first new vehicle and there is NONE that suit what I need right now. I will absolutly not spend my hard earned money on a colorado, ranger, rigeline... that won't suit my needs, it seems I am going to have to spend my money building what I want since the factory refuses, 4 door dakota, 6 speed manual, 5.7 (or maybe a 6.4 I have sitting around), I would prefer a longer bed but no factory ever offered one and I am not that good of a fabricator that I can stretch a stock frame and bed.

Also the total garbage the industry has pushed on us about "bigger is safer" is just that, pure garbage, a friend of mine got whiplash the other day when an oncoming car drifted over into his lane on a narrow bridge and ripped the side open and the rear diff out of his daily driver 98 cummins, ex cab 4x4, he said if he had been in his geo metro he would have had plenty of room to avoid the collision all together, with the monstrosity he was driving there was no where to go. There is plenty of truth to being able to avoid the wreck in the first place if you have a smaller better handling vehicle.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!