I agree. I fixed both mine with a big headache. I went with a rust free Kansas truck and only had slight surface rust..but 9 yrs later I am cutting patches along the front roof line

going to weld up the cargo hole that keeps my driver seat belt wet while I am at it this time.

I am building a swb 4x4 from scratch. 86 cab and it needs the roof corners and some drip rail work. less headache with cab off frame and gutted.

IMHO..its cheaper to piece together a whole truck and do the body work as you go than coming up with lots of cash and buy a running truck and then blow it apart to fix rust.

well maybe not cheaper but on my no cash budget and get them done as cash permits it I am building #3 now and repairing build #2 while driving build #1 that is rust free/color change except for rust repair/color change on the stepside bed.

looking at ebay for doors/fenders = these junkers I removed seem to be good as gold.

and those old junk q-jets in my shed seem to be worth 4-5 hundred each..

ospho (spelling?) in a sprayer and wand it all inside the inner roof panels from cargo light hole getting back side of drip rail.

this is my next plan of attack on roof rust for all 3 trucks.

FYI. my 91 cab on the 85 truck got bed liner inside and out and is holding up rather well on the floors and cab roof.

wing window seals..yep another headache. cant stand a set of mix match either.

crazy $ for a set on ebay with out new rubber..