Originally Posted By Stroller
I blame Barret-Jackson for the crazy prices but people need to realize those are very good OE or completely rebuilt.

Having watched prices creep up over the last few years, I started worrying about that too. For a while the late 60s / early 70s chevy p/u was a resto flip that could make money but that trend seems to have faded. Ok, not entirely - saw a 70ish 4wd go for over $100k last month.

I'm thinking it's not a thing to worry about with Dodges as the "investor" car clowns don't have any love for them and the sleazy ebay flippers aren't making any money on them. This year at BJ there were only 2 - a 2wd 80s RC that went for maybe a grand or two over reality and late 80s 4wd RC that went for $30k. Hard to argue with that price when ya consider fresh paint, leather seats, G3 hemi swap, custom bumpers and the build documented on RamChargerCentral. The few LREs that I've seen run across the block over the years didn't go as high as you'd expect for something with obvious "collector value".

Most of the flipper specials that I see in the $10-15k range take a really long time to sell. Start with a running driver for under $2k, spend $5k or more for rust repair and paint, add wheels, tires, exhaust, carpet and you're close to $10k to build. I wouldn't build to flip with a $2k margin and 6 month to sell model. Add in almost zero aftermarket / repop support, Dodge guys are cheap and the corners that cut scaring away buyers with a clue and I can't see this trend lasting.