BSB67 --> I did have the #8 intake valve on the base circle of the cam when I adjusted the valve lash to 3/4-turn in (hydraulic). When I pulled one valve cover, I noticed that all the adjuster screws, with the lock nuts, stuck out from the rocker arm "roughly" the same amount....all the same...except #8 intake, which is screwed out very noticeably further than all the other 7 rocker arms on that side of the motor. The lock nut was tight.

I'm "hoping" I just somehow forgot to set the valve lash on that valve. I have a sound coming from both valve covers & have only pulled off one side (so far). On the passenger side, the #8 intake was very obviously adjusted differently.....like it had a longer push rod.....which is why I pulled that push rod & the one next to it to check length. The adjustment screw is backed off 1/4" more than all the other screws. The push rod had not fallen out or anything.

I will update once I check out more in the valve gear.

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"