Originally Posted By Mattax
Originally Posted By cbusters
I had my 69RR aligned today and it was not pretty. The best caster they could get was -1.2 on the Drivers side and +1.2 on the passenger side. Quite a bit under the +3 to +5 that everyone suggests. I went online and see that there are different offset bolts available.
My thought is to get a +2.5 for the left UCA and then the best reading I can get is +1.25 both left and right side.

Do I understand correctly?
Any better idea for stock UCA's?
Is +2.5 the biggest?

No. The problem with the driver's side is a problem with the driver's side. Its caster has nothing to do with the passenger side caster.

It could be effected by ride height. (and if the car is running super stock leaf packs its going to be a little more difficult. )
First thing to set is the ride hieght per shop manual. You can set it on the low side of the specs or even a little under. Lower will gain some positive caster, just like it does when the suspension compresses.
Then set the camber,
Then the caster,
repeat if needed.
Finally, set the toe.

Leaf springs are from a low mileage 69 GTX that had a Dana and a 4speed. Rebuilt and installed with a new shim pack. The torsion bars are aftermarket and may already be a bit low because of the low profile tires. I am looking to raise the front up to almost level the rocker panels. The lower bumpers are very close to the the pads.

This is what my question is about.
https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/suspe...0039=Show%20All

This leads me to believe that I should get the +-2.5 for both sides and just match up the lowest number I get from the both sides during adjustment.
Struts are stock with new rubber bushings and even the roll pins in the low mileage struts.