Originally Posted By a12rag

Well, I can see the flip side . . . I work in the electrical industry, I KNOW how the electric motors build torque right from 0 rpm, and the performance that can be had !!! . . . I keep track of my daily mileage for work (company car), and most days are 25 - 90 miles/day . . . so yeah, an electric car would meet those needs. But !!! . . . I like to travel LONG distance for car shows, swap meets, visiting, etc ... so having a "city electric car" and then something else (gas powered) for long trips, makes no sense to me . . .

Go to that site I linked above, and play around for a few minutes.

My friend that showed me his Model 3 put in the route from here to Disneyland. It's normally a ~10 hour drive straight through, but with charging it would take ~12. BUT, they have kids, and they'll need to stop and eat for hour a couple times anyways. If they can sync that with charging, then they're not losing time to charge.

I know I could deal with that a few times a year if necessary, especially considering the 2/3rd lower cost to fuel them the rest of the year. If I had to do trips like that every month or multiple times a month? Probably not...

Then again, the EV cannonball record is ~50 hours from LA to NY (~2900 miles).

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.