Originally Posted By sixpakdodge
Originally Posted By NANKET
Yes you can sleeve all 8. The chevrolame guys are sleeving 454's down to 396. been going on for a decade or more.

I know of some 340 racers who were doing the same before new blocks were available.

As far as GM guys crying foul... let's go down the Mopar path... '62 413's with '64 heads and intake, '62-64 Max Wedge cars in any possible B-body combination you can think of, "Nascar" Hemis, trim-less hardtop Plymouths, Dodge hardtops with Sedan trim, AAR hoods on any fresh air package 1970 'Cuda, and my personal favorite...'66 Hemi cars with scoops. We probably wouldn't bring so much attention to ourselves if we didn't do such bogus things...

Really? Because for decades the factoring has killed, and I mean flat out KILLED packages and they've never been fixed.

What little crumb the NHRA throws on the floor for Stock and Super Stock is just nothing compared to what GM gets.

I used to follow Modified and SS religiously back in the day and stock pretty close. When NHRA killed modified I was disgusted. As I got older I still followed Stock and SS fairly close but in the last 10-15 years I haven't. So maybe the rules have changed. The last time I even looked at the rules you couldn't sleeve all 8 holes and IIRC you could only have a certain percentage of the valves with seats under them. Maybe that rule has changed as well. I think I have a 2016 rule book. I may have to thumb through it when I get home.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston