Wow, you’re getting a lot of good advice here, and in the case of Locomotion (Myron) a very experienced and successful racer who watches his checkbook in picking a class. When he gets his wagon sorted he still may not win every heads up race but will certainly hold his own. I raced 10.90 over the course of many years, often just not racing or infrequently due to family and/or job but never losing the “bug”. Entry into 10.90 will certainly introduce you to judging the stripe because some big $ cars in 10.90 can run big MPH. If by running brackets or 10.90 you know racing the finish line is a weakness then concentrate on improving that because there will always be runs against much faster cars. Staying at or below K will decrease your costs substantially...speed costs big time. In north IN you have proximity to some good combo associations and you can learn a whole lot from other competitors there.

And subscribe to Nitro Joe’s STATS to see who’s capable of running the big numbers. NHRA periodically releases the raw data in excel format that they use for adjusting ratings, and yes there will be some MOPAR “hits” coming out in another week or so based on what I’ve seen.

Based on my 2 years running Stock I think you’ll find some very helpful guys who will get you started and if you want to just ease into NHRA Divisionals and National Opens then try 10.90. Feel free to ask here or via PM if you have questions.