The reason people havent all been telling me to bore it out and buy new pistons and turn it into a 4000 dollar venture is because thats not what im trying to do or asking about. Im trying to put this engine in my drive quality Satellite while I focus on the important things, fixing the little bit of rust, the dent it has, and painting it as well as buying basically a complete interior. The interior in it is decent driver quality and the car is a driver and will always be but everything has a flaw that needs it to be replaced to be perfect.

This engine needs to last two years at the most, about 20000 miles. I could care less if it will only last 20000 miles, im worried more about it running decent during that span. By run decent I dont mean maintenance free. I dont care if it uses some oil or smokes, Im worried only about cranking compression. I know bores have to be true for best performance and a fresh should be true, but you're kidding yourself if you think that an engine cant run if its not. It was running before the way it was, just not optimal. I just want it to run closer to optimal than a 100000-150000 mile engine would.

Im going to spend 100 on a cam and lifter kit, 230 for a ring,bearing, and gasket kit, and 100 for a set of good heads. Figure im spending 500 bucks with spray paint, which is worth it to me for 2 years to have it make 300-350 horsepower, 450 ft lbs of torque, and get out of its own way instead of the overcammed pig of a 273 thats in it now thats lucky if it can crank out anywhere near the factory rated 180 horse. Also, im setting it up for the future by converting everything over for the 727 so when the time is right, I only have to pay for the engine machining and new parts (I will probably just stroke it).

Its been done before, it will be done again. Im just trying to get a feel for how well this re-ring will work. I've given out the "Do it once do it right advice" before, I will again. But its alot easier when its not your car, your engine, and your money and goals, but right now its not what I want to/can do.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street