Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't do it. Proper cylinder walls should be round and straight. No way to get that without machining. If you are going to all the trouble to pull it apart, why not go ahead and do it right? Having said that, if you do decide to give it a shot, make sure that you use cast rings. They are more forgiving and will conform somewhat to out of round cylinder walls. Maybe you could pick up another engine and build it at your leisure, then swap it out when you are ready? Either way good luck.

Thank You for bringing this up so I don't have to! It's amazing the number of replies to this before being mentioned. DUDE - You have to ask seriously yourself, What are your diameters in both "out of round" and "taper" measurements on each cylinder? There are tolerances for these and they must be complient with the book in order for this to last. You say someones been in there and mucked things up, well, do it right and go through it completely. You'll be bucks ahead in the long run, otherwise give your money to me. I'll spend it more wisely than you the way your going with this!

Cheap ain't,good ain't cheap!

'71 383HP FJ6 Charger SE