My 68 Sport Fury was originally equipped with the Budd 4-piston disc brakes, but I replaced them with '73 C-body brakes (KH pin calipers) because I want to drive the car more than show it. The Budd parts are plenty hard to come by, and going to the '73 setup gave me more common LBJ's, rotors, etc.

73_Brake_Caliper-01 by clair_davis, on Flickr

The main thing I'm concerned with is the brake hose length. The OEM '73 hoses are right at 14" long, and when the suspension is at full-droop, full lock, I feel like the hose is pulled too tight. Here's a pic of full droop, straight ahead:

73_Brake_Caliper-04 by clair_davis, on Flickr

You can see that if the wheels were turned more out towards the right, the hose would be in more tension. I realize this isn't a likely situation short of a Duke Boys stunt, but... it's the brakes. I think a hose in the 16-18" range would be about right.

So my question is, how to get a longer OEM-style hose? Is there a list of various OEM brake hoses with length data? OFSCO can make custom DOT hoses, and I think there are a number of 90* -3 ends out there that could do the trick. What other options should I be looking for?

Thanks,

Clair