Howdy

I’m sorting out details on my street 512. I got a set of M/T valve covers that already have the push in chrome breathers with male barbs for 5/8” hose.

I’d always rather run a pcv and a breather but I’m fine with just running two breathers.

My motor is stuffed deep into my firewall so I’m running a kind of dual snorkel carb hat intake with cone filters. I’m not sure that I want to have a barb or barbs tigged to the aluminum air cleaner hat. If I had a big old round air filter I’d probably just run hosebarbs off the bottom of it.

Has anybody run breather hoses to a remote air filter? Or just down to the ground like a draft tube? Probably would be a driveway stainer and a track no-no for sure... what’s the low buck way to not cover my engine bay in a sheen of oil mist that will hook up to dual 5/8” line? My holley 950hp doesn’t have a vac port in the base and I don’t want to use the npt tap in my edelbrock rpm intake for anything except power brakes- doesn’t seem right to send a lean oily mix to just that one runner.

Should I be looking at a catch can? Any cheap options like repurposed shop air tool h20 seperators or home depot stuff that I could hack or tuck away? I’m not a tig welder so fabricating vessels is not my specialty.

Thanks!
Radar

BEF8922D-951C-4F3B-9642-87E25C4A6EFD.jpeg