Hey guys.
Just getting a glimpse at this on the north side of midnight.
First and foremost, thank you most for the inspiring remarks.
Though this should be generated to the real world weight loss thread, it's cool to reflect on here as well.

Andy:
"Shoot me a PM with some things you might want to work on and I'll see if I can help. I have CAD programs for a lot of parts. I mostly focus on 2D or 2.5D parts but I know guys who do 3D and have solid printers. The new gen solid printers can print metal parts but I haven't used that technology for any car parts yet. Here is a picture of the Holley EFI gauge that only weighs 2 oz."

I'd love to take you up on the offer to help with the CAD stuff in what ever way you possibly can. I'll soon send you over some quick flicks to give an idea of parts and you let me know if its realistic.
I'd love to see door handles, side view and rear view mirrors be printed out of aluminum. Those things are heavy so imagine that.
That EFI gauge is unimaginable in that weight class. Talk about Welter feather weight category.

Topside:
"Love the idea of aluminum door handles; I presume you've already done the hinges".

Yes, I had already addressed the hinges quite a few years back when I found the cat that was reproducing the A864' and A990-65' aluminum hinges, but did not install them till recently when the new doors went on.

Rtsrunner:
"What does this car weigh now?

Though I've yet to see the article, I'd hate to blow the meat and potatoes before it hits the stands.
I will say this though after holding out for so long, I've done a few minor things since I've last talked to the "Action" team, so I can safely say that the car has now dived below the 3000 Lbs watermark.
I'd like to go back and weigh it and get a real world number to you guys within this coming week or next when I pay a visit to the Lab.

More importantly, cars don't go down the road on their own, and standing weight or curb weight is just that, curb.
If I could get this thing where it carries my 175 Lb structure while still flashing at or about 3000 Lbs, I'd be a happy camper.

Andy:
"Since you have a running combination you could have your charging system tested to see how many amps you are actually using. Anyone with a decent voltmeter and amp clamp should be able to do the test for you. Turn on all of your lights, fans, pump, etc and see how many amps you are pulling. I doubt you use more than 55 amps. If you like the look of the factory alternators you could probably get an OE 37 amp unit gutted and rewired to put out 60+ amps. I'm sure it would be a lot less work than you invested in that steering wheel! That was a crazy amount of work. I can't even imagine how much work you have tied up in some of those parts.

I am going to look at my amp draw and see what kind of electrical appetite it has. I'd be more than happy to run one of those 55 amp mini power stations being that they probably weigh next to nothing.
Are they a one wire combo?

I can't even imaging how to tell y'all how much work both hard and fun it has been to make things for this thing.

Over, but not out.