Touch base with Tim at FHO on the status of the new KB aluminum wedge blocks. I think they'll have the new castings available next year. They'll look stock to most people but experts will be able to see the cross bolts and stuff like that. A new shortblock based on a KB aluminum block could save you 150 to 175 lbs depending on what you use internally. Even with a budget build you could save significant weight. 440Source has lightweight stroker cranks now and Molnar 7.100 long rods are much lighter than an Eagle or SCAT rod. Here is a picture of the fully machined lightweight SCAT crank that I'm running. SCAT has superlite cranks in their catalog. I think you can even buy them from Summit these days.

Is your carb all aluminum? The newer carbs are all aluminum and save 3 or 4 lbs. I can't tell from the pictures. The fuel pressure gauge with isolator is heavier than an electric version. Of course if you really want to take weight out you can switch to a throttle body setup. Once you go with EFI you can ditch the ignition box and most of the gauges. Your alternator looks fairly heavy. Is that a GM alternator? You can get a 6 lb Denso unit that puts out 55 amps.

DSC_9003 (Large).JPG