I checked a 97 Wiring harness when my son was putting a 5.9 out of a 97 Ram into his 57 wagon, (same deal, fuel injection in a non injection vehicle) even with the factory service manual, that wiring harness is pretty complex. This was not my 1st go around with wiring, years ago I repaired a burned wiring harness from a late 80s 5th Ave at the Dealership I was working at, and I have rewired, or wired from scratch several vehicles.

I looked at that 97 harness for a few weeks and determined that if I messed up 1 thing and it didn't run, I would have no recourse on what was wrong, short of starting over. My son dropped the grand and bought a Hot Wire Harness (www.hotwireauto.com) and never looked back. The harness worked flawlessly and the tech support is great if you have a problem. The Hot Wire harness is a stand alone unit that connects to your computer, and plugs into the stuff on your motor & trans. 4 wire hook up to make it run, and extra wires are in the harness for things like gauges and stuff if you want or need them.

That was a few years ago, there may be more info available now. The FSM was fairly confusing, nothing like the older wiring diagrams. Gene