Originally Posted By Challenger 1
IMO

I have known 2 guys with trailers like you describe, neither one was ultimately happy with there purchase. Because the trailers are very heavy and they do not have much room either way. The living quarters are small and the car storage area is too small.

Also it was pointed out to me by 2 people in the trailer business that they don't have very good resale value when I wanted one.

Don Peden told me that and so did Bruce Litton years ago. And I believe it since I witnessed it myself racing.

Really depends on the trailer and what your priorities are. An aluminum LQ trailer is not that heavy (mine is 13,600 empty and has a slide).
The aluminum ones are normally a higher end trailer and hold their value.
There is definitely a compromise. I chose a larger living quarters to be comfortable at the sacrifice of a smaller garage. I have to turn the golf cart side ways to carry it. PIA? Yes. But the larger more comfortable LQ is worth it (after it's loaded!)

If money was no object, I'd have a motorhome with tag, but right now this setup is what works to make the wife, dogs and me comfortable.

Last edited by CJD AUTOMOTIVE; 10/13/18 11:52 AM.

Craig Scholl
CJD Automotive, LLC
Jacksonville, FL
www.CJDAUTOMOTIVE.com
904-400-1802

"I own a Mopar. I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification"