Originally Posted By '72CudaRacer
Originally Posted By Challenger 1
IMO

I have known 2 guys with trailers like you describe, neither one was ultimately happy with there purchase. Because the trailers are very heavy and they do not have much room either way. The living quarters are small and the car storage area is too small.

Also it was pointed out to me by 2 people in the trailer business that they don't have very good resale value when I wanted one.

Don Peden told me that and so did Bruce Litton years ago. And I believe it since I witnessed it myself racing.

I certainly understand all of what you are saying, and believe you are correct.
What we are trying to accomplish though, is making it possible for my wife to continue to go racing with me. She is diabetic and the medicine that she takes, coupled with the heat & humidity is just too hard on her. I work out side so I'm kinda use to it, but it is getting harder every year for me to deal with it. My wife, on the other hand, lives in a air conditioned home, drives a air conditioned car to and from work and works in a air conditioned office. We race a lot at Bristol, where there is asphalt everywhere, nowhere to hide from it. And we're there for two or three days at a time. She can tolerate it for a while, but she can't stay out in it all day long, then sleep in it at night(we sleep in the trailer at the track & race sat & sun), and then do it again on Sunday. We've nicked her up a couple of times and can not continue to do that.
The other thing is it will allow us to race at other tracks that are 100 plus miles away, and not have to be driving back home sat nite at 3 am, after racing all day (race sat, spend the night at the track, drive home Sunday morning well rested, in the daylight).
We don't hunt, fish or play golf, we drag race. We know that this will be a lot of money to spend, but we also feel that it will allow us to continue to race for a few more years (I'm 61, wife is 63)
If anyone has other sugustions, I would love to hear what works for you.
Thanks,
Brian
I used your plan and Ive been satisfied, its a tradeoff though, I lived in Western Wyoming for many years and we didnt have any tracks very close by, I bought a 36' living quarters trailer used and still use it fairly regularly. Out West we traveled pretty long distances regularly to race, and went to lots of 2 and 3 day races. We would camp at the track and race. Wife loved the camping part of racing. The biggest issue with the smaller living quarter trailers to me is its really hard to carry much of a pit vehicle with you. I get by either with a bicycle, or a 50 CC Scooter. The AC and RV generator is nice for the track in the trailer for sure. Dont think the resale is that bad on the trailers since the ATV industry has grown enough lots of those guys are looking for Toy Haulers for them to haul them and camp.