Quote:

Quote:

I'd say 500's for sure, And I'm with Dave (DPelletier). 15x8's on the rear with a 275/60-15 is the perfect setup for the 68-70 B-bodies. They are tall enough to fill out the wheelwell, and wide enough to look tough, but they fit SO nicely into the dimensions Ma Mopar gave us on those cars with NO rubbing!

I'd have to disagree with that. If you are after the biggest tire that will fit nicely and looks absolutely "BadAss", go with the Magnum 500's in 15x10's on the rear with 295/50/15's. I've got them on my '69 R/T and love 'em.

I hear what you're saying, MnM. To some extent it is definitely a case of personal preference. I ran 295's on my roadrunner, and found that they look a little small, as they are noticeable shorter than the 275's. I also find (but this is partly because I am a cheap [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean]) that 10's need to be a very specific backspacing with 295's not to rub. Using aftermarket used wheels as opposed to custom ordered this can become an issue in a BIG hurry. This has never been an issue for me when fitting 8's on B-bodies. And finally, 295's are acceptable on 8" wheels if a person wants to go with the extra width and less height.

This was the best part of working in a tire store when I had my 69, and my boss had his 68. He'd let us experiment with different rim/tire combos!

2 Demons...no, not my kids!