If the hole in the bushings line up with the feed holes in the lifter when the cam is on the base circle, it will pump a ton of oil through the lifters.
Depending on how the oil flows through the lifter, it can be totally unrestricted flow.

Experienced it myself on a 572 I put together.
World aluminum block with the Comp 892 lifters.

Primed the motor, and the instant the drill started to drag down when the oil system got pressurized it shot oil out of the top of the Jesel adjuster screws about 15 feet across the shop.

I saw that and the thought that popped into my head was, “well........ I guess that’s not going to work”.

Quote:
I never thought that a .062 hole in each lifter bore bushing would be a bad deal, since a stock block is often raced with huge holes to the oil galley.

None of the factory lifters for a BB have provisions for pushrod oiling, or ever expose that large opening.

If you were running something like the Comp solid body 829’s(I’m not advocating those for your situation) that .062” hole wouldn’t be an issue at all.

It make not be an issue now, it just depends on if the hole in the bushing is lined up directly with feed the hole in your lifters or not.

Imo, the “correct” arrangement/relationship for pushrod oiling on a BB Mopar is to have the pushrod feed holes in the lifters be parallel with the axles, and positioned just above the oil band.
Then the only oil that gets into the feed hole is what squeezes between the lifter bore and the lifter body, into that hole.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads