Do you have flow numbers for the heads? I would think that those heads would flow pretty well up past 0.800 so if you have the budget to put more lift in the engine you might find some power there.

Seems to me your existing duration is roughly correct but you could probably pick up some power with more lift. However, adding more lift and keeping the same duration means that you are going to be using a more aggressive lobe which means everything gets beat on harder.

In my 514 race engine I use a Crane R282/481. That cam is 282/288 at 050 and has 0.481 lobes. With 1.70 rocker the gross lift is 0.817. That cam might be a touch small for what you are doing but I'm thinking it would make more power than what you have now without changing the peak rpm much. My 514 makes about 900 hp on the dyno with Indy EZ heads and a single Dominator. My compression is 15:1 so close to what you run but I'm 60 inches smaller and don't have the tunnel ram.

I assume you're running some sort of race header since it is a dragster? 2 1/4 pipes? 30 inches long? 4 inch collector?

Last edited by AndyF; 08/14/18 03:31 PM.