Originally Posted By Sport440
So you left everything pretty stock but bumped up the compression a bunch. You changed pistons for sure to do that, if you didn't, you don't have 11.26 comp.

But with that said, with all the stock parts you are using there are a bunch of cams you could use. With the biggest restrictions stock intake and exhaust and 906 heads id go with a cam around 238* @.050 around .500 lift on a 108LSA. Any bigger and she will feel like a dog around town.

If you did change your pistons and have a true 11.26 , im not sure I would go much bigger then that either, because of the stock manifolds and intake. If it were a automatic with a vert, I would say you could go a little bigger.

Yes, long story short, after replacing pistons, decking block, surfacing heads, the engine builder used a thin head gasket and that's what the compression wound up at. It's had the heads cleaned up with mild porting. It is already assembled, but needs a new cam due to cam bearings not being installed correctly resulting in oil starvation. So, this is not a new rebuild. I'm keeping it stock externally. I don't know that the cam that was in it previously was the right choice given the engines restrictions, so just wondering what your recommendations are. Thanks for all the input!!

Dixie Restoration Parts
Phone -(770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-5pm EST
email: mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price.