Originally Posted By RustyM
i can create a crude set of wind tests here either in my paint booth or in a big tent i have.
Wind i can create and i have high end fog machines so i can direct visible air flow over the car, was hoping for ideas, pics from others that had done things they knew worked in order to save time.

If i flow the car, will try to let yall know what i find out.

IMO (idea), coast down tests are more useful to the backyard DIY, if you can replicate accurately on a closed road section(?), both directions. But "GIGO" still applies. It would be hard to understand reliably others interpretation of backyard tent wind tests.

If you are indeed serious, I would go down the path of nearly completely covering the underside of the chassis, as much as possible, from a wind drag standpoint, in that that would give the best you can achieve from that side of the car, It would not need to pretty or elegant, just be cheap. easy, not flap, nor detach or catch fire. You would then know the ultimate target and reward for any chassis streamlining, and whether its worth it or not. Then you can go after the other 5 sides.

Last edited by jcc; 08/14/18 02:02 PM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.